Friday, November 30, 2007

400 E. Center

We drive down Center every day on our way to work/school. Usually Matt is doing the driving and it's a good thing because even though we drive by every day, I could cause an accident with how closely I'm looking at the houses. Last night I dreamt that someone gave us one of these old houses--one that's in bad shape and really needs me. Just as I was trying to figure out what colors to paint the exterior, the alarm went off!


The Van Wagenen house is for sale on Provo's Center Street.




This house was part of the historic homes tour associated with the Freedom Festival last summer, so I've been in the living and dining rooms. (Sadly, they let you tour less of the house than most other homes one the tour.) At $695,000 it's a little out of our price range right now--and forever for that matter, but you'd be amazed at how much mental effort I expend trying to cook up a scheme that would allow us to buy it! The house is full of gorgeous, unpainted woodwork and original details. I think it's been in the same family for the last hundred years. Anyone need an idea of what to get me for Christmas?

1 comment:

Em said...

Hey, nice house, just tell Matt to be a rich lawyer and then you can buy it in a couple years..j/k. Oh, my bread recipe is on my blog. it is the best rolls ever recipe. They are yum, I agree. you should have taken the loaf home, I left it at the Morrise ranch.