Thursday, February 28, 2008

Oh my! Impulse buy!

Today is Grandpa Hall's birthday so Winnie, Susan and Jenny were visiting him in Bountiful. I usually spend lunch with Winnie, but since they weren't home I looked online at furniture. I have $700 from my tax return that I've been plotting how to spend. I really love the Hanover slipper chair at BallardDesigns.com and have wanted it for a couple of years, but could never bring myself to pay what they want for it.

This chair, in this fabric, costs $656. I want two of them. Add the $150 shipping to the cost of two chairs and they're almost $1,500! Another downside is the fabric--I got a swatch of it a couple of years ago and love the look of it, but it's not very kid-friendly.

I've looked a lot for less expensive slipper chairs that I like as much as the Hanover chairs that and never found anything, but today I came across this chair from Overstock.com

Very similar to my Ballard chair and nearly a third of what the Ballard chairs cost! The slip cover is way too feminine and the wrong colors for my house, but the fact that they're slip covered is a real plus to me. I bought two of these chairs and plan to use their slipcovers as patterns to make new ones. Hooray for good deals!

No comments: