Monday, April 21, 2008

Weekend Projects


I painted a wall between our dining room and kitchen with chalkboard paint this weekend. Right now it's pretty stark and black, but I think it will look great once it's gotten some chalk dust rubbed in. In our little house, I thought it was a good solution for providing Winnie with an art space--$10 in paint and some chalk. No extra furniture or big supplies. I was proud of myself for getting this project done the same day I bought the paint! Normally I'd let the paint sit on the kitchen counter for a few months before getting it done. I think I'm going to add one of Ikea's kitchen rail systems just under the bulletin board so that I can connect baskets to hold supplies and clips to hold up other art work.
Last year we put a stone patio in our back yard and this weekend I got most of the plants in, started my fountain and did a bunch of other necessary clean-up projects. I still need to finish a couple of smaller projects and mulch. I'll post some pictures of that when I finish--hopefully next week.

2 comments:

Camille said...

I've always thought it was such a cool idea to to a chalkboard wall!It looks GREAT - maybe someday I'll try it...

CaliBels said...

you will have to let me know how that works out! i have considered doing a chalkboard spot in the boys room.