Saturday, February 20, 2010

Saturdays

Today I did 9 loads of laundry (3 loads of bedding, 1 load of towels, 2 loads of light clothes, 2 loads of dark clothes and 1 load of underwear), loaded and emptied the dishwasher multiple times, cleaned the kitchen, changed the sheets on all of the beds, made lunch and two dinners, fixed the kid’s blinds, made and played with salt dough, made menus for the next week (hooray for none of our menu items requiring a trip to the grocery store!), administered 3 time-outs, vacuumed the downstairs, changed 6 diapers (3 poopy), read 5 stories, gave 2 baths.

Today I did not get my kids dressed, iron, clean the bathrooms, finish the touch-up painting in the bathroom, vacuum upstairs or the stairs, mop the kitchen floor, wash my white slipcovers (never fall for the lines in magazines where mothers claim that white slipcovers are easy), wash the windows (they get a lot of condensation on them and the kids like to “draw” in it), exercise, or start reading any of my library books due this coming Friday. And yes, I really thought I could accomplish this as well as what I actually got done.

3 comments:

Jenn said...

I thought what you actually got done was AMAZING! Why do we put so much pressure on ourselves to be SUPERWOMAN?

CaliBels said...

as i read your list of what you got done i was impressed! wish i could get that much done. maybe i should make a list actually--hopefully i would surprised to see that i accomplish more than i think.

Lucky to be the mom said...

Wow, I totally relate! (Back in the good ol days :))