Monday, March 29, 2010

We Have A Birthday Girl

We have a three-year-old now! I can't believe Winnie is three, even though she usually talks like she's 15. I don't ever want her to grow up, but I also enjoy her more and more all the time.

We had a fantastic day. It included a trip to our favorite park, pizza, dinosaurs, doll houses, new books and new dresses.

The cake (you're looking at 10 eggs and 1 1/2 pounds of butter right there).


The candles


The presents. (Someone should brush that poor girls' hair--or at least wash her face. What was her mother thinking?)

The dolls on the cake go to this doll house.

A set of sporty red wheels.

Winnie got a bucket of dinosaurs from her cousins. I think they were her favorite toy of the evening. Even still, she told everyone they could chose one to take home. Only Luke took her up on the offer, though.

As Winnie went to bed tonight she was singing "Happy Birthday" to herself.

5 comments:

amy said...

i can't believe she's already 3!!! and that cake is a-mazing! :) classic jo...

Megan said...

okay. seriously? That cake was the most adorable cake I've ever seen. Luke's cake was darling, too. How do you do it? Really. How did you come up with it?

Winnie is darling. I hope you love having a 3 year old girl. I do. Way more fun than 2.

Julianna said...

What fun! She is such a cutie. I can't believe that she is already 3, that Eyla will be 3 in a month and that it's been 3 years since I worked at Space. Crazy!

Morrise Family said...

Once I found the doll house she got for her birthday I decided to make a cake and put the dolls on it. It was inspired by this blog post:

http://handmadecathygaubert.blogspot.com/2008/10/our-forest-party.html

CaliBels said...

what a cake! that is fantastic! and i love her face as she is about to blow out the candles. ;) you amaze me!