Wednesday, June 23, 2010

All dressed up and ready to sell

As of tomorrow morning, our house is officially on the market. We took the pictures and signed the contract tonight and the listing should be up in the morning. I was just done vacuuming when the photographer got here. There's no way I would have made it without the help of my sister-in-law who ended up watching the kids all day! Thanks, Jenny!

We packed up, paired down and painted to try and make our house show better. Here's a little tour:

The front--with a for sale sign!


Looking into the living room

The living room facing the window

The dining room

The kitchen




Upstairs bathroom



Master bedroom

The kids room


I think most of our rooms look pretty good in photos, except the kitchen. I would love to have had time to paint it to brighten it up and simplify the color scheme, but it's not going to happen. At the rate I finish projects I would need at least a year.

Of course, there are still a lot of little things that need to be done. Hopefully we can get to most of them tomorrow.

6/25/10 - Our listing is up!

5 comments:

Sarah Moore said...

It looks great! Good luck and keep us posted.

Becca said...

um...my original comment had a cuss word in it because I love your house so much. it was a good type of cussing, if there's such a thing. ha.

but for reals - your house looks GORGEOUS! I love it. You should give me decorating tips. every room is like, magazine ready, I swear.

good luck selling. I know this is a hard time to sell :o( so I hope it goes well for you guys.

where is it at? how much are you asking?

this is long. sorry. just wanted to say that it looks great and I think people will fall in love with it very quickly!

Morrise Family said...

I updated my post with the listing. We have a showing tomorrow! Maybe they'll buy it and we'll only have to keep our house this clean for a week. :)

amy said...

jo, i love it!!!! look beautiful...wish i was in the market for a 2 bedroom townhome in provo, i'd buy it up :) good luck!!

CaliBels said...

isn't it interesting to see your house/rooms from another perspective. i always kind of wonder if i would feel differently, could see them differently if i looked at my space through photographs.

your house looks great, but i wouldn't expect any less. i love your bedroom--the yellow and chandelier and the simple black frames above!