Tuesday, May 27, 2008

A long weekend?

Matt and I both had yesterday off for Memorial Day. It was a long weekend that didn't feel very long at all! We were considering taking Winnie to the zoo yesterday, but it turned out to be rainy and a little cold. That coupled with the length of my to-do list kept us home to work on projects, but I still don't feel like I even put a dent in my list!


We painted Winnie's new crib/toddler bed black. For this painting project I used Krylon 360 spray paint. I love this stuff! The paint went on with a beautiful finish and had a great nozzle that really is much easier on your fingers than a traditional nozzle. Right now the crib is airing out in Matt's parents' shop because the 360 is a lot more smelly than the Krylon H2O I used on the dresser, but when everything is assembled and in place, I'll post pictures.

I made a mobile for my cousin's baby shower, which ended up being cancelled because baby decided to come a month early. I've been planning to make something similar for Winnie since before she was born, but never even got around to buying the supplies until last week. The shower was a great motivation to get going on this project.



I actually really love how this turned out, but couldn't get a picture that I think showed it well. You can't really tell in this picture, but the leaves are green vellum so they have a nice translucence. The birds are regular card stock, and the branch is from a Redbud in Marshall and Susan's yard that died last summer. The arm in the top corner belongs to Matt and does not come with the mobile. I'm planning to make Winnie's about twice as large (I had to keep transportation in mind with this first one) with red vellum flowers instead of leaves. I am somewhat concerned about how well this one will travel from Utah to Las Vegas--especially since, when we got back in the car after leaving it at Aunt Sue's, I found a leaf that had already been pulled off. If it doesn't make it in one piece, sorry Patrice!

Other than that, Winnie took her first tumble down the stairs, we did some projects around the house (a new shelf in the office, some hooks for my aprons in the kitchen, miscellaneous wall repair for damaged caused by my tendency to hang things on the wall and then decide to move them), tried to organize the office/Winnie's room/Matt's recording studio to help them all co-exist peacefully, and did laundry, laundry, laundry. How can 3 little people create so much laundry?

No comments: