Thursday, March 5, 2009

425 East Center


The Lizzie V. Sutton house was listed for sale this week. The listing is sparse on details and doesn't have any pictures. The picture above is from the county tax records.




The Sutton house is one of my favorite houses in all of Provo and a Provo Historic Landmark. Just 4 blocks from the courthouse, it is the perfect location for our future plans since one of my goals is to live within a mile of Matt's work. The house has been for sale 3 times in the last 3 years and I'm pretty sure it's been owned by investors for quite a while. Currently the house is a triplex with two 2-bedroom and one 1-bedroom apartments. One of the 2-bedroom units is almost twice the size of our current house, so even though we wouldn't gain a bedroom, I think we could make the space work for quite a while until we could afford to expand into the other units and ultimately restore the house to a single family residence. If only it was a year later and Matt was done with school. . . and if only it weren't $370,000.

1 comment:

Janae said...

I can't resist commenting. My husband Josh goes to school with Matt. And I have to say I love your blog. I’m crazy about old houses, too. (I think must have watched too much “This Old House” as a child.) I think your Center Street dream is awesome. I have a similar dream to live close to Josh's office in Salt Lake. This is my current obsession:

http://www.utahhomes.com/Property/propertydetails.aspx?PropertyGUID=0e96e3ea-73c0-4060-9e1c-d1d0cdb8fd9d&WT.MC_ID=072310000000000.