Sunday, March 22, 2009

I finally finish a project. . .

I'm great at starting projects, but not so great at finishing. On Monday, I finished one that I've been working on for a while. . .

Meet Luke Matthew. He was born at 8:30 Monday night, weighed 7 lbs, 20 inches long.

People keep asking me which one is better--unmedicated birth or having an epidural. I really couldn't say which is better because they were very different experiences. I'd recommend a natural birth to anyone who thought they'd still be able to enjoy the experience that way. Winnie's birth was much more intense and I was much more focused on just one thing. With Luke I was, of course, more comfortable, more relaxed and enjoyed being able to watch Matt's reaction to everything.

Winnie is slowly adjusting to having competition for our time and attention. Overall, I think she's doing quite well. My Mom's been here all week so the house is even relatively clean. Poor Matt, though. Baby's in our room so we're really disrupting his sleep. A few more nights of sleep deprivation and the dark circles under his eyes might be black enough that people will think he's been in a fight. Luckily, Luke's been a little better every night and last night even gave us a 4-hour stretch of uninterrupted sleep.

7 comments:

amy said...

well congrats!!! he's a cutie!! marianne is gonna get one heck of a tongue-lashing from me for not passing on the great news. :)

yea for finishing projects!!

Jenn said...

Congratulations! I didn't know you were expecting. He is adorable! We love having our girl and boy in our house. We're excited to add another girl here soon. Good luck and enjoy your beautiful children!

McNeil Family said...

What a sweet and perfect little project you have finished... or just begun?

CaliBels said...

good job! i think it is one of your best projects, winnie being the other! ;) he turned out very well.

trinka

Sarah Moore said...

Congratulations! so happy for you all. he is just perfect! glad all is going well...good luck and enjoy!

Anonymous said...

He's beautiful! There's nothing better than adding a little one to your family :)
Kisses from the Ferrins!

PS I'm sure Abbie would love to come play with Winnie or hold baby Luke so you can. Don't hesitate to call.

Mom of 7 said...

Congratulations! He is adorable! Let us know if we can do anything to help!