Friday, March 21, 2008

Chair Dye

I found the fabric I want to make slip covers for my new chairs. It's a Sunbrella fabric called "Jazz". This color is mushroom, and I think it would look great with cream piping.

Unfortunately, the cheapest I could find this fabric was $25.00 per yard on Ebay. I need 4 yards per chair and didn't want to pay that much right now, so I decided to try dying the existing slip covers. In the background of my new favorite picture of Winnie, you can see the slipcovers "before"--white with pink roses. (You can also see a better before image here: http://morrisefamily.blogspot.com/2008/02/oh-my-impulse-buy.html)


And here they are "after". I'm surprised by how little you can see the flowers on them. They did shrink quite a bit, but I could still get them on the chairs and the fabric seems like it has relaxed already. I wish the color was a little less red, but what do you expect for $4.00 worth of RIT dye?

No comments: