Thursday, April 30, 2009

Quilting

Even though I've yet to finish my first quilt (I'm to the point where I need to actually quilt it and I'm scared I'll mess it up), I'm looking for fabric to make Winnie a quilt for her move from the crib to a bed. I think I'm going to do a large cream linen center panel with a brown corduroy tree applique and a pieced border all around. The multi-colored floral will be the back and the red will be the binding. The "leaves" on the tree will be fabric yo-yo's in all of the patchwork fabrics. I don't know what pattern to do the patchwork in, but I think I better keep it simple if I want to actually finish it.

I also want to make a coordinating quilt for the doll crib she's getting for Christmas.

Matt's a good sport to listen to all of my plans without reminding me that my house is already filled with half finished projects (including the half painted wall I blogged about last July). I think I need to start scheduling my time more like Matt does and say "I am going to work on this project from 8:00 to 10:00" and when 8:00 comes around stop whatever else I'm doing and work on my project. Matt seems to get more done than I do with my "work on something until it's finished" approach. I usually put housework first and that's one project that's never finished. The only kink in my new approach to efficiency is getting Luke to agree.

No comments: