Wednesday, June 25, 2008

If life went according to my plans. . .

If life went according to my plans, Matt would work for the Public Defender's office where he's currently interning, and we would live in this Center Street house (the Knight-Allen House), a mere 2 blocks away.


Built in 1894, the house is 2,400 square feet with 4 bedrooms and 3 full bathrooms. It has a detached garage and sits on a quarter acre lot. The house is considered a historic landmark by the Landmarks Commission as "the best and most unique example of Victorian Eclecticism in Provo", but it's not feeling the love it deserves. Currently it's 2 units and county tax records indicate the owners live in Spanish Fork. The tax records grade its desirability an A and its condition an F. Doesn't this house look like it needs me?

2 comments:

Denae said...

THis is one of my favorites on center street. There is another one I don't know what its called but maybe I will post a picture sometime. I have always thought it would be wonderful to live in one of the wonderful older houses on center and renovate it. They are so beautiful!

Aynn said...

Yes, yes, yes! This house does need you....or maybe me! I love old homes too!