Tuesday, September 8, 2009

261 E 100 N



After being "for sale by owner" all summer, my current dream house (or more aptly, dream yard) is listed with a realtor and a price drop.


This house ends up being a pretty great deal after you factor in the pioneer neighborhood purchase assistance programs offered by the city.

Oh please still be on the market next summer when we might be looking for a new house here in Provo. I really want that .45 acre lot! Unfortunately, the house appears to be vacant in the listing pictures, which probably means they're in a hurry to sell.

Update: I though this house was a good deal based on the sellers telling me it just needed some cosmetic updates. If only that really was the case. I went to see the house and discovered that the plumbing and electric haven't been updated, it needs a new roof, new furnace, window glazing and on and on. . . I never thought major systems were considered "cosmetic". Anyone who buys this house at the current listing price would have to put more money in than they could ever recoup.

1 comment:

The Saudi Sandbox said...

I accidentally came across your blog when I googled "261 E 100 N" in Provo. I had such fun reading your blogs about the house, and I totally agree with you! We live out of the country, but come back every summer and need a place to live during that time. My kids will (hopefully) be going to BYU starting next year, too, so they would live here during the school year. We are seriously considering this house, but because I live out of the country, I haven't been inside. We walked by it last summer though and fell in love with the yard. I have seen some pretty poor pictures of home, but you said you have been inside? Our real estate agent said the layout was okay and that it needed a lot of work (replastering and new flooring.) What are your impressions of it? We have some roughly drawn floor plans to go by and hope to be able to rehab the house. I'd be interested to know what you think about it. We have been without a home for the past 6 years, so I really understand your desire for a home... I hope you don't mind sharing your thoughts. By the way, I have to laugh when I have reviewed some of your other blogs...we have the exact same tastes...I have the same IKEA pillows on my sofa, and the same peanut shell nursing cover (mine is a sling though) ...also the same love for shopping! ;)My email is mortensens@msn.com if you wouldn't mind lending your good taste and opinions. Thank you! Joanne