Saturday, September 19, 2009

Some day I will have a clean house. Maybe when I don't work anymore. Or when I finally find the perfect spot for everything. Or when I learn how to move faster. Or find two more hours every day. Or get a maid. Or overcome entropy.

Today I did 9 loads of laundry. That seems like more than 4 people should be able to generate. Between sheets, towels, gym clothes and spit-up we manage to make a real mess. Unfortunately, I did not finish vacuuming, mop or plant my bulbs. Don't plan to eat off my floors any time soon.

Matt's birthday is this Friday. I always look forward to his birthday because it means I'm not older than him for the next nine months. We're going to dinner at our favorite restaurant, Thai Ruby, which is always closed on my birthday. I also look forward to making Matt's birthday cake. Last year it was black forest. This year it's going to be pumpkin spice with honey-cream cheese frosting. He's lost almost 40 pounds since we got married, so I need to make sure it's really good and he'll want to eat a lot of it. My weight buffer is getting painfully small.

4 comments:

CaliBels said...

ditto on the clean feeling. ;)

McNeil Family said...

You are hilarious. I'm do glad someone else feels like they can't keep up with all the cleaning. Why has your husband lost weight? Are you a healthy cook and do I need some tips?

Morrise Family said...

Matt actually just has amazing metabolism! Before we got married he was doing a lot of weight lifting to bulk up. Now that he doesn't have that kind of time, he runs. He's 6'2" and I'm working hard to keep him above 170!

Amy said...

"Cleaning the house while the kids are still growing is like shoveling the walk before it stops snowing." -Unknown. But definitely a wise and experienced woman. And seriously, what is up with the laundry? I lost my debit card in a pair of scrubs at the bottom of the pile and I didn't get to it for 2.5 weeks. A girl at work who is single said, "don't you ever do your laundry?" I just laughed while all the married people with kids layed into her about how she has noooooo idea what it's like to do laundry for 4+ people.